Hi, I’m Aaron. This is my personal site.
[item title=”Bio” icon=”book”]
Short Bio: Aaron is a Human Transformation Architect, startup founder, innovation strategist, and coach. He is the cofounder of Tribe Global which delivers Human Accelerator Programs for entrepreneurs and corporate leaders. Previously he was the CEO Startup Catalyst, and has founded and exited several technology businesses, for which he was named the Australian Entrepreneur Of The Year by the Pearcey Foundation in 2016. He is currently an Entrepreneur In Residence at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT).
Aaron is a Human Transformation Architect, startup founder, innovation strategist, executive coach, and public speaker.
As an entrepreneur, Aaron has founded and exited several technology businesses, for which he was named the Australian Entrepreneur Of The Year by the Pearcey Foundation in 2016. He is currently an Entrepreneur In Residence at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT).
As a startup community leader, Aaron has founded a startup hub on the Gold Coast, served as an Entrepreneur In Residence and designed multiple accelerator programs, as well as organising and leading 17 international missions to Silicon Valley, Boulder, Seattle, London, Berlin and Israel. He’s a member of the Queensland Startup Working Group and previously served as a board member of StartupAUS.
As an innovation strategist, Aaron has worked with hundreds of high-growth technology companies, and consults to multinational giants like Google, YouTube & Novartis on innovation, culture and performance.
As an executive coach, Aaron coaches professional Australian athletes, investors and scale-up founders.
As a facilitator Aaron has delivered 60+ hackathons around Australia, and has delivered hundreds of keynotes, workshops, and panel events to several thousand participants at events around the world.
[item title=”Consulting work” icon=”briefcase”]
- Human Transformation Architect consulting on innovation strategies and building high-performing teams.
- Executive coach.
[item title=”Volunteer work” icon=”heart”]
- StartupAUS Board Member (2017-2019)
- River City Labs (2015-2019) – mentor & EIR
- Qld Government Startup Working Group (2014-2019)
- Bond University (2014-2018) – advisory boards
- Startup Weekend (2013-2018) – facilitator, organiser
- ABC Coast FM 91.7 (2013-2016) – weekly technology segment
- Silicon Lakes (2013-2016) – CEO, mentor, organiser, funding
- OKFNau (2013) – Ambassador
- 2BOB Community Radio (2001) – DJ
- Australian Army Cadet Corps (1996-2001) – OOC, instructor
[item title=”Businesses” icon=”rocket”]
- Tribe Global (2019-present) – human transformation
- Peak Persona (2017-present) – programs for founder performance
- Silicon Lakes Limited (2013-2016) – not for profit
- Coded Intelligence (2011-2014) – exit via IP acquisition
- Aptek Pty Ltd (2013-2014) – exit via buyout
- App Start Studios (2012-2014) – merger with Silicon Lakes
- Arinda Internet (2004-2012) – exit via trade sale
- Internet Here (2010-2012) – exit via trade sale
- Chat Room Restaurant & Bar (2004-2006) – exit via trade sale
- Beyond The Black Stump Productions
- The Real Estate Group
- Perfect World Pty Ltd
[item title=”Investments” icon=”dollar”]
- Veriluma (now ASX:PML)
- Process PA
- Cash donations (non-equity): Peep Digital, Flick Racer, My Monster
[item title=”Employment” icon=”group”]
- Entrepreneur In Residence at QUT (2019-present)
- Startup Catalyst (2016-2019) – CEO
- River City Labs (2015-2016) – Entrepreneur In Residence, Telstra muru-D accelerator
- Dept. Science, IT and Innovation (2014-2015) – Manager Commercialisation
- Australian Customs Service (2002-2004) – Manager, Intelligence Systems
- National Crime Authority (2001-2002) – NSW Crime Commission Liaison Officer, telephone intercepts
- PwC (2000-2001) – Management Consultant (SAP)
[item title=”Awards” icon=”trophy”]
- 2016 Pearcey National Entrepreneur Award – for inspiring leadership, scale, impact, innovation and acclaim on the world stage.
- Pearcey State Entrepreneur Award for Queensland for 2016 – for “taking a risk, making a difference, and inspiring others”.
- Australian Telecommunications User Group (ATUG) award for Innovative Broadband Solution
[item title=”Education” icon=”graduation-cap”]
- Diploma of Financial Markets (Certificate III), Securities Institute of Australia
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New England
- Bachelor of Science (Physics & Maths), University of New South Wales
[item title=”Profile Pictures” icon=”photo”]